Are you looking for a kitchen faucet that has a gooseneck design, but not one as tall as the commercial faucets you might see? Do you want a single lever design that is easy to use, yet is also easy to clean and maintain? If so, then what you may want in a kitchen faucet is this Kraus model. Plated in satin nickel and constructed from solid brass, you’ll get all the mounting hardware and water lines that you need to get the installation done. With an MSRP of $395, you can save almost 60% by shopping on websites like Amazon.
The Features of the Kraus KPF-2230SN
The primary feature of this kitchen faucet is the dual pull-out spray head. The spray head was designed to give you options when you need them most. You’ll get a powerful spray with the push button design or the aerated flow that can help you quickly fill up a pan with water. It’s been designed to meet current water guidelines, which means you’ll have a 2.2 GPM flow rate, but you won’t notice the pressure reduction unless you’re trying to fill a 5 gallon bucket with water.
There’s also these features to consider as well:
- the kitchen spout is able to rotate a full 180 degrees, so you can put your faucet where you need it to get the job done;
- the faucet is easy to install and weighs 4.7 pounds, so it is lighter than other Kraus models of a similar design; and
- the faucet is hermetically sealed to reduce your risks and improve the quality of the unit, making it ADA compliant.
This is a single unit, however, so if you have a kitchen sink that contains three holes for your waterlines, you’ll need to fit it all into the central unit and then cover the extra two holes. If your faucet hole in the sink is less than 1.75 inches in diameter, this faucet may not be the best choice for you.
The Advantages of the Kraus KPF-2230SN
The primary advantage that is seen with this unit is the fact that the hose is long enough to reach places, but not so long that it bunches up and gets caught on the plumbing underneath the sink. At 28 inches in length, you’ve got enough room to be flexible while working in the kitchen, whether you’re cleaning a pan or trying to cook. There’s also these advantages to consider as well:
- the installation of this faucet is through a deck mounting, so it’ll stay tight with a little work during the initial process;
- the pull out nozzle is constructed to give a smooth, easy experience with a great retraction process that is reliable thanks to the spring tension; and
- even though the faucet is lighter than other models, it is also more durable than other models and won’t prematurely wear down on you.
The one really big issue we noticed with this faucet is that the waterlines are not very long. Unless your sink is right by the connectors, you’re going to need line extensions to finish this installation. The spray head on this model is plastic – the internal plumbing is brass – so heavy users will likely see chipping of the finish over time. This issue is covered under the warranty, however, so a simple contact with Kraus will resolve the issue.
This faucet looks good, operates efficiently, and gives you mobility in the kitchen. It’s priced affordably as well, so with this combination of facts, we don’t hesitate to recommend this kitchen faucet for installation in your kitchen.Click here to compare prices and get the best price on this faucet.